Social Media Comment Policy
Latin School of Chicago maintains an official presence on four social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and SoundCloud. These accounts are produced, maintained and monitored by the Communications Department.
Latin’s social media sites allow for the posting of public comments. Posted comments must directly relate to the information and/or topics of discussion on those sites.
We encourage and welcome your comments. However, we request that this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow comments to be posted.
We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right to hide or delete comments that contain:
- Misleading or false information, including links to sites containing misleading or false information.
- Personally identifiable information, such as Social Security Numbers, home or business addresses, e-mail addresses or phone numbers.
- Threats of harm or violence.
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity, including images or links to such material.
- Nudity in profile pictures or images shared in comments.
- Defamation to a person or people.
- Name calling and/or personal attacks.
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services.
- Comments that infringe on copyrights.
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on one or multiple posts.
Repeated violations of Latin’s comment policy may cause the author to be blocked.
Content posted by other users on Latin’s social media pages does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the School. Links to content and other websites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. Latin is not responsible for the content of those external websites.
Comments will be addressed as soon as possible. We trust the community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or to respond politely.
This comment policy is valid for all discussions on any Latin School of Chicago-managed forum.