Latin’s annual Homecoming & Reunion Week took place Friday, September 29 - Sunday, October 1. Families, faculty, staff and alumni gathered at Montrose East and West Fields on Saturday, September 30 to cheer on our Roman athletes, volunteer with the Parent Association, and show their Roman Pride at Romans Run.
Check out the scoreboard from the weekend.
- JV Girls B Volleyball vs. Amundsen HS, L
- JV Girls A Volleyball vs. Amundsen HS, W
- Varsity Girls Volleyball vs. Amundsen HS, W
- Varsity Girls Swimming vs Trinity HS, W 97-71
- MS Girls Field Hockey vs.
- MS Boys Soccer vs.
- JV Girls Blue Field Hockey vs. Francis Parker, W 1-0
- JV Girls Orange Field Hockey vs. Oak Park River Forest, L 0-2
- Varsity Girls Field Hockey vs. Francis Parker, L 0-1 (penalty shoot-outs)
- JV Boys Blue Soccer vs. Francis Parker, W 6-0
- JV Boys Orange Soccer vs. Francis Parker, W 1-0
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Francis Parker, W 2-1
Over 300 alumni, faculty alumni, and friends returned to Latin for Homecoming & Reunion Weekend. The annual LGBTQ+ Alumni & Friends Gathering kicked off the weekend on Friday where LGBTQ+ alumni and allies collaborated on a community art piece featuring encouraging messages for students (currently on display in the upper school Learning Commons). On Saturday, alumni and their families gathered at Montrose Field to cheer on our athletic teams for their homecoming games, grabbed lunch from local food trucks, and played yard games under the alumni tent with friends.
Alumni in reunion classes, Golden Romans, and former and current faculty celebrated their connections to Latin at the reunion cocktail party on Saturday evening. Highlights included Clarisse Casalino '13, presentation of her inspiring and thought-provoking artwork and celebrating the grand opening of the new Marsha Dragonetti Languages Center! Throughout the night, faculty-led tours of the upper school for alumni to see the many updates on campus. Classes continued the celebration at class gatherings around the city, including at private homes, Mario's Table, Harry Caray's Restaurant, Hopsmith and Old Town Ale House.
On Sunday, we finished off the successful weekend with two brunches: one for Golden Romans consisting of alumni who have previously celebrated their 50th reunions, and our annual homecoming brunch for Alumni of Color.
- lower school
- middle school
- upper school