Congratulations to Latin's three student-athletes who have committed to a new chapter in their athletic careers. Kelsey W. '19 will be playing volleyball at Furman University, Charlotte C. '19 will be playing volleyball at Northwestern University and Helen H. '19 will be a tiger at the University of Missouri joining the gymnastics team. Go Romans!
Congratulations to Latin's five seniors who signed letters of commitment at Division I and Division III schools this week: Will D. '18 will sail at Northwestern University, Devin M. '18 will row at Hamilton College, Emma H. '18 will play field hockey at Kenyon College, Lily K. '18 will play soccer at Tufts University and Alec K. '18 will play baseball at Carleton College. They join Alessandra B. '18 (tennis - Brown University) and Jade E. '18 (basketball - American University), who signed commitment letters this fall, as Latin's elite student-athletes taking their athletic careers to the next level. Go Romans!
On January 26, during The Big Game against Chicago Hope Academy, senior Jade Edwards hit a pull up jumper, making her the first basketball player in Latin history to surpass 2,000 career points. She broke the school record earlier in the season, previously held by Nikki Dizon '12 of 1,835 points and also broke the scoring record for a single season this season with 671 points. Check out her awesome 2000th point shot! Edwards finished her career with 2,150 total points and will be continuing her basketball career at American University, a Division I program in the Patriot League.
Junior Ysrael Hernandez surpassed the 1,000 career point milestone in the boys basketball win over Morgan Park Academy on February 15. Hernandez finished the game with 29 points (1,014 for his career thus far) in three quarters of action.
- For the first time in Latin School history, the #1 doubles team, comprised of Annabel Edwards '19 and Maya Seymore '18, finished the season with a state doubles championship and were named All-State athletes.
- Boys Cross Country - ISL Champions
- Girls Cross Country - ISL Champions, IHSA Regional Champions, IHSA Sectional Champions
- Boys Soccer- IHSA Regional Champions
- Girls Volleyball - ISL Champions, IHSA Regional Champions, IHSA Sectional Champions
- Dan Daly received the ISL Coach of the Year award in cross country.
- Jim Duszak was named ISL coach of the year in boys golf.
- Talia Smith '19 earned All-State honors in field hockey.
- Jonah Schenk '19 was named the ISL Player of the Year in soccer.
- Charlotte Cronister '19 was named the ISL Player of the Year in volleyball.
- Marianne Mihas '21 earned All-State honors in cross country and was named the ISL runner of the year.
Congrats to our student athletes who signed a letter of commitment to Division I universities. Alessandra B. '18 will play tennis at Brown University and Jade E. '18 will play basketball at American University next year. Go Romans!