Schreiber '07 is the Executive Producer of Paper magazine and discussed why former actress Amanda Bynes was selected as the feature for the journal's "Break the Internet" issue.
News & Events
College Romans Networking Lunch
Thursday, December 20
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
1547 N. Dearborn
Tackling the summer or post-graduate job search? Join alumni experts for an afternoon of advice and networking! Leave with an action plan for moving your search forward through savvy action steps, and having practiced and refined your elevator pitch with at least three alumni networking experts.
Featuring Susan Newman, founder of School2Life coaching, with tactics and strategies for navigating the job/internship search.
Brainstorm skill and network development in small groups with alumni experts including:
- Steve Adolph '84, SPAR Group, President International Division (program chair)
- Tanya Bennett '85, SmallGood, Strategy Lead
- Kathryn Cubria '05, Uptake, Engineering Manager
- Edwin Johnson '03, Robert Half Legal, Senior Staffing Executive
- Lilly Q. Jolly, Expedia, Product Director
- Max Meyers '01, R2 Companies, Principal & CIO
- Lili Morales Scales '03, Volunteers of America of Illinois, VP External Relations & Resource Development
- Kelly Davis Seeman '95, Facebook, Restaurant Industry Leader
- Jackie Shiff '02, formerly at Aspen Institute as Director of Strategic Partnerships, Youth & Engagement Programs
Bring three copies of your resume or a paragraph about your interests and experience, and be prepared to explain in under one minute where you are in the job search process and what you hope to find.
Monday, April 15 - Thursday, April 18
Details coming soon.
National Latin Day
Wednesday, April 17
Celebrate your Roman roots wherever you are!
Weisberg '04, Co-founder of theSkimm, and her partner Carly Zakin, offer a close-up look at the day-to-day workings of their office, which produces a daily newsletter with over 7 million subscribers.
McGuinn '60, on tour with his latest album, Sweet Memories, discusses his earliest musical memories, discovering Elvis while riding a bike, his first guitar and first gig, and more.
Check out Ike Barinholtz's '95 latest interview in Chicago Magazine. Barinholtz discusses his latest film,The Oath, taking the director's chair for the first time, politics, and more. Read all about it.
Elena Besser '11 will be appearing in the next season of The Best Thing I Ever Ate beginning this month on the Cooking Channel, alongside stars Martha Stewart, Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli, and many more familiar faces.
You can also catch Elena’s new digital show Offline Cooking with Elena Besser which she produced and wrote premiering on Food Network Digital and Spoon University later this fall.