Michael Trainer '94 discusses how Latin had a lasting influence on his life, meeting the Dali Lama, mindfulness and more!
Meet Our Alumni
We are fortunate to have an amazingly diverse community of independent thinkers who leave Latin with a life-long love of learning and a passion to make their mark on the world. Meet our changemakers.
We are always on the lookout for more alumni of note. If you know of a Latin alumnus/a who should be on our list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to scroll down for our Romans, Friends & Countrymen video series, featuring in-depth interviews with alumni doing interesting and innovative work.
Stacy Igel '95, fashion designer and founder of Boy Meets Girl, takes us inside her NYC design studio for an exclusive look at her latest projects.
Jessica D'Onofrio '95, reporter for ABC7 in Chicago discusses her unique career path, trends in news media and reporting, and more!
Join us for a conversation with Academy Award Nominee Virgil Williams '88, as he discusses his Oscar nomination, career path, Latin's influence on his life and more.
Danielle Weisberg '04, Co-Founder of theSkimm discusses her career, innovation, Latin memories and more.
Film producer Albert Berger '75 talks about his 28 years in the business and working on projects such as Little Miss Sunshine (2006), Cold Mountain (2003) and Nebraska (2013).
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Danielle Weisberg '04, Co-founder of theSkimm
- Fashion designer for Calvin Klein, Samantha Schlade '97
- Fashion designer of Boy Meets Girl, Stacy Morgenstern Igel '95
- Actor and writer Ike Barinholtz '95
- Billy Dec ’90, owner Rockit Ranch restaurant and entertainment development company
- Actress Lauralee Bell '87
- Nina Shapiro Gordon '85 and Jim Shapiro '83 of the band Veruca Salt
- TV writer and producer Bradley Bell '82
- WGN Radio host, Roe Conn '82
- Restaurateur Doug Sohn '80, owner of Hot Doug’s
- Television producer and writer Carol Mendelsohn '69
- Actor and producer Bob Balaban '63
- Musician Roger McGuinn '60, founding member of The Byrds
- Sculptor Claes Oldenburg '46
- Co-founder of Lyric Opera, Carol Fox Flanagan '41
BUSINESS & PHILANTHROPY
- Industrialist William Wrigley '50
- Businessman William Wirtz '47
- Philanthropist Brooks McCormick '36
GOVERNMENT & POLITICS
- Sadaf Jaffer '01, Mayor of Montgomery Township, NJ
- Former Illinois State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias '94
- Former Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan '84
- Former Illinois State Representative John Fritchey (D-Chicago) ’82
- U.S. Circuit Court Judge Douglas Ginsburg '63
- Former Senator Adlai E. Stevenson III '48
- Former first lady Nancy Davis Reagan '39
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall Harlan '16
- Equestrian and Olympic Silver Medalist Kent Farrington '99
- Professional tennis player Laura Granville '99
- Professional soccer player Johanes Maliza '99
- Professional baseball player John Groth '45