Welcome! On behalf of the Enrollment Management team we want to thank you for your interest in Latin School.
Selecting the best possible school is an important process, and the Office of Enrollment Management is committed to making every family’s experience as personal, informative and stress-free as possible. It is our goal to provide you with everything you need to determine whether Latin is the right school for your family. Our comprehensive admissions process allows us to get to know your student and ensure that he or she can feel successful and happy at Latin.
Please look through our website to learn more about the outstanding academic and extra-curricular opportunities, the devoted faculty and the welcoming community that make Latin an exceptional learning environment. To get a full sense of everything that Latin has to offer, we also invite you to visit our school by attending an Information Session, our fall Open House or scheduling a tour.
Do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.582.6060.
We look forward to meeting you.
Assistant Head of School
Acting Director of Enrollment Management & Financial Aid
- When should I apply?
- What does Latin look for in an applicant?
- What is the percentage of students of color at Latin?
- Does Latin accept transfer students?
- What is the ISEE? How and when do I register for it?
- How many spaces are available at Latin?
- In what neighborhoods do Latin students live?
Yes, Latin accepts transfer students. Over the years, many students have come to Latin from a variety of schools in the Chicago area, continental United States and internationally. The process for transfer students is the same as for those applying for natural entry points (grades JK, 5 and 9). Admission into grades outside the natural entry points is based on attrition. Notification occurs on a rolling basis as spaces become available.
The ISEE is the Independent School Entrance Exam and is a required part of the process for grades 2 through 12. You may register for the ISEE at any time. Be sure to register at least three weeks in advance of the test date. The ISEE is administered at a variety of locations.
For the 2018-2019 school year:
- JK: 63 spaces available
- SK-4th grade: based on attrition
- 5th grade: approximately 10 spaces available
- 6-8th grade: based on attrition
- 9th grade: approximately 40 – 50 spaces available
- Does Latin have an entrance exam?
- What are the admission requirements for international students?
- Is there an ESL (English as a Second Language) Program?
- Does Latin offer Skype interviews for international applicants?
- Does Latin work with educational consultants or international student placement agencies?
- Does Latin offer a boarding or host family program?
- Does Latin provide assistance in processing student visa applications?
- Online application deadline for all grades: November 15
- JK letters of recommendation due: January 1
- Application materials (letters of recommendation, transcripts, exam scores, etc.) for grades 5 - 12 due : January 15
- Financial aid applications due: January 1st for current families and January 15th for new families
- Decision letters emailed: March 2