Return to Learn
Latin's COVID-19 Policies
The presence of COVID-19 impacts how we live, work and learn. As a school, our strategic goal is to find the safest solution for excellent learning, and to adapt in ways that allow us to best fulfill our mission.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 and When to Stay Home
- Exposure and Close Contact
- COVID-19 Protocols at Latin
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status/Documentation
- Romans Together
- Athletic Policies and Protocols
- Health Office Information
Contact Latin's COVID-19 Response Team
Email email@example.com to
- report COVID-19 symptoms, positive case or exposure to a positive case
- ask questions regarding weekly Shield Illinois testing for unvaccinated individuals
Should you come to school?
It is imperative that all individuals screen or be screened (children) for symptoms before making the decision to come to campus.
If you or your student are experiencing any possible symptoms of COVID-19 (whether vaccinated or unvaccinated), it is Latin’s policy to stay home, contact COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org and seek a COVID-19 PCR test. All household members of the symptomatic individual should also stay home until the test results are confirmed.
Please review the symptoms of COVID-19 listed below and included in Latin's COVID-19 Policies and FAQ.
LATIN'S COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM
Latin’s COVID Response Team will work closely with the senior administrators, medical consultant, faculty/staff and advisory panel.
- Jill Yacu, Lead Nurse/Upper & Middle School Nurse, COVID Manager
- Joe Benvenuti, Lower School Nurse, Medical Triage for COVID
- Cat Curry, Director of Latin 360, COVID Senior Administrator Representative
- Sandra Ray, COVID-19 Project Manager
- Sammy Termanini, COVID-19 Project Manager
COVID-19 ADVISORY BOARD
- Jyoti Patel, MD – Associate Vice Chair for Clinical Research, Department of Medicine; Professor of Medicine (Hematology and Oncology) at Northwestern Medicine
- Nimit Aggarwal, MD, FCCP, MBA – Medical Director, Critical Care Medicine at Advocate Aurora Health (Pulmonology)
- Colleen Batcheler, JD – Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at ConAgra Foods
- Bob Chapman – Partner at Chapman Spingola LLP
- Ross Milner, MD – Professor of Surgery, Director at Center for Aortic Diseases at University of Chicago Medicine
- Sunita Mohapatra, MD – Infectious Disease at Sinai Medical Group
- Gabrielle A. Roberts, Ph.D. – Pediatric Psychologist at Advocate Children's Hospital- Oak Lawn
- Nik Verma – Professor and Director, Division of Sports Medicine Director, Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Ned Villers – Partner at Water Street Healthcare Partners
- What is the Northshore Clinical Labs (NCL) test ?
- Why do we do PCR testing at Latin?
- Is the test required? How does my family participate?
- Is there a kit for each unvaccinated individuals participating in weekly testing?
- What if my student is absent on the assigned testing day?
- When will I know the results of my student's test and who processes the samples?
- What happens if the test comes back positive?