Return to Learn
The presence of COVID-19 will impact how we live, work and learn for years to come. As a school, our strategic challenge is to find the safest solution for excellent learning now, and to adapt in ways that allow us to best fulfill our mission.
Our plans incorporate the expertise of our nursing staff and collaborative input from our Advisory Group of medical and risk management experts. They represent an ongoing adherence to updated state and city guidelines.
Gratitude and reminders: A Video Message from Nurse Lebedoff
Latin's commitment to our COVID protocols and a reminder of the basics for keeping our community as safe as possible.
A greater emphasis on the following safety measures:
- Density of students in buildings
- Space for social distancing
- Stricter cohorting
- Reduced eating on campus
Learning modes customized by division
- Lower school: in person: beginning with half days
- Middle school: hybrid: half days in person/half days remote
- Upper school: fully remote for first semester: with daily opportunities for students and faculty to be on campus for supported remote learning, one-on-one/small group meetings with teachers and peers, and community programming
- The first weeks, months and semester of school will be focused on helping students at all levels acclimate to new habits, protocols and behaviors required to keep our community safe.
By signing the Latin School of Chicago Community Health Pledge, members of the Latin community enter into a shared obligation and commitment to act prudently, safely and in accordance with public health directives as we return to campus.
- Metrics for shifting to a fully remote model
- COVID-19 Symptoms, Exposure, Diagnosis and Prevention
- Campus Access
- Building Safety
- Remote Learning
- City and State COVID-19 Response
- Positive COVID-19 case protocols
- How to decide whether or not to come to school
- Close contact and contact tracing protocols
- Magnus Health Screening and Mobile App
- COVID-19 Symptoms, Exposure and Testing
- Health Forms/Immunization Requirements
- Health Office Information
COVID-19 Advisory Board
- Jyoti Patel, MD – Associate Vice Chair for Clinical Research, Department of Medicine; Professor of Medicine (Hematology and Oncology) at Northwestern Medicine
- Nimit Aggarwal, MD, FCCP, MBA – Medical Director, Critical Care Medicine at Advocate Aurora Health (Pulmonology)
- Colleen Batcheler, JD – Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at ConAgra Foods
- Bob Chapman – Partner at Chapman Spingola LLP
- Ross Milner, MD – Professor of Surgery, Director at Center for Aortic Diseases at University of Chicago Medicine
- Sunita Mohapatra, MD – Infectious Disease at Sinai Medical Group
- Gabrielle A. Roberts, Ph.D. – Pediatric Psychologist at Advocate Children's Hospital- Oak Lawn
- Nik Verma – Professor and Director, Division of Sports Medicine Director, Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Ned Villers – Partner at Water Street Healthcare Partners