Latin School of Chicago embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic applications preferred. No phone inquiries, please.
At Latin, we understand that our teachers are the heart of the school. They provide context, content and coherence to the learning environment, serve as role models and shape students' lives forever. Believing in each student's ability to achieve, and recognizing the many varied gifts of children, our faculty create myriad opportunities for our students' success.
It is Latin's goal to attract, recruit and retain an exceptional faculty that is inspiring, diverse and committed to the school's mission. We support our teachers by welcoming them into an environment that encourages them to excel and by maintaining a generous salary and benefits package that helps them to flourish and grow.
UPPER SCHOOL DIRECTOR OPENING
- The Upper School Director reports to the head of school and is a member of the senior administrative team.
- The Upper School Director leads the assistant upper school director, upper school administrative assistant, registrar, department chairs, grade level deans, dean of community learning, diversity, equity, and inclusion curriculum coordinator, upper school counselors, learning resources specialists, two nurses, advocate for students and families of color, athletic director, director of student life, and director of college counseling. Working with these groups and the senior administrative team, the Upper School Director is responsible for:
- Leading the Upper School community.
- The academic program and the evaluation and support of faculty.
- Student support and all curricular and extracurricular programs.
- The college counseling program.