- For the first time in Latin School history, the #1 doubles team, comprised of Annabel Edwards '19 and Maya Seymore '18, finished the season with a state doubles championship and were named All-State athletes.
- Boys Cross Country - ISL Champions
- Girls Cross Country - ISL Champions, IHSA Regional Champions, IHSA Sectional Champions
- Boys Soccer- IHSA Regional Champions
- Girls Volleyball - ISL Champions, IHSA Regional Champions, IHSA Sectional Champions
- Dan Daly received the ISL Coach of the Year award in cross country.
- Jim Duszak was named ISL coach of the year in boys golf.
- Talia Smith '19 earned All-State honors in field hockey.
- Jonah Schenk '19 was named the ISL Player of the Year in soccer.
- Charlotte Cronister '19 was named the ISL Player of the Year in volleyball.
- Marianne Mihas '21 earned All-State honors in cross country and was named the ISL runner of the year.
Congrats to our student athletes who signed a letter of commitment to Division I universities. Alessandra B. '18 will play tennis at Brown University and Jade E. '18 will play basketball at American University next year. Go Romans!
Congratulations to Maya Seymore '18 and Annabel Edwards '19 who won the Illinois High School Association Class 1A Girls Tennis Championship! On Saturday, October 21, Maya and Annabel made history by defeating Glenwood High School in two sets (6-3, 6-4) to become Latin's first girls doubles state champions. Go Romans!
The Romans had a successful spring! Below are highlights from the season. Be sure to check out the summer edition of the Latin Magazine for team recaps and additional information.
The Iron Roman award is presented to seniors who have participated on an athletic team every season for all four years of high school for their commitment as student athletes.
Kathryn Stender - Cross Country, Basketball, Softball
Sophie Norris - Field Hockey, Basketball, Soccer
Richard Mbouombouo - Cross Country, Basketball, Track & Field
Alden Sulger - Soccer, Ice Hockey, Track & Field
On June 7, Athletic Director Tom Bower received the Excellence in Sports Leadership Award from the Positive Coaching Alliance at PCA-Chicago Breakfast of Champions. The following day, on June 8, Bower was presented with the Soccer Person of the Year Award from the Illinois High School Soccer Coaches Association at their Spring Awards Banquet. Congrats Tom!
Girls soccer won the Independent School League championship for the third season in a row. The team is moving on to the post-season as the #2 seed (out of 18 teams) in the upcoming IHSA 2A Sectional on May 16.
The Girls Track team was crowned champions of the Independent School League on May 6, outscoring the second place team, University High, by 14 points. On May 12 the team competed in the IHSA 2A Sectional meet, finishing in third place out of 15 teams. The following athletes qualified for the IHSA State Finals on May 19: Laura Katunas '18 and Clare Hardiman '20 in the 1600m run; Victoria Cohen '19 in the discus; Liza Kaniewski '18, Clare Hardiman '20, Paige Hosbein '20, Anika Jagasia '18 in the 4x800 Relay.
On May 13 Boys Tennis won their 10th consecutive Independent School League championship. They travel to the University of Chicago Lab School on May 19 for the IHSA 1A Sectional tournament. The state championship tournament begins on May 25.